Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Hallmark Internship

During my Hallmark internship, I was taught the process of taking a card from its initial brief, right through to the final product. At the time Hallmark was just branching out into the word of Electronic Greetings Cards and with my knowledge of Flash and After Effects, I was asked to create an E Card from a previous idea the humour department had already got as far as storyboarding. Below are a few images from the final piece and at the bottom of the post, there is a video of the E Card as it plays out.







video

Whilst I was at Hallmark I was also taught about traditional greetings card and the process of bring them to life. I created several cards from templates and learned how to emboss them, add foil and give them extra details to really polish off the final appearance.

Here are a few pieces of artwork I created for some Christmas Greetings Cards that went to print:




Here is a short timelapse video of me producing the design for another card that went to print:

video

Overall it was a fantastic experience and I learned a lot about the greetings card industry and Hallmark as a company.

No comments:

Post a Comment